Association Sea-Watch e.V. was founded on May 19 2015, and is the legal entity accountable for the activities. In the deliberately small meeting, the eight present founding members determined the association articles and elected three persons for the board of the association:
- Harald Höppner (chairman of the association)
- Matthias Kuhnt (deputy chairman of the association)
- Holger Mag (member of the board, treasuer)
You will find the association articles soon on this page. We will post them online, when they have been approved through registration of the association with the Berlin Association Register.
- verification of the notarized association articles through the magistrate’s court of Charlottenburg and the carrying out of the registration in the Association Register
- after that the application for charity status with the Berlin tax office for statutory corporations
- as soon as we’re registered as charity, we will be able to accept donations and to issue contribution receipts (known as “Zuwendungsbestätigungen” in officialese)
- then we will at once announce our donations account and every donation will go to the project on the shortest possible way.
The registered office and postal address of the association are:
Verein Sea-Watch e.V.
Contact for the association: email@example.com
Dear visitors – you will not find a phone number here. We made the conscious decision not to publish any details in light of the experiences of the past months – in regards to racist, denigratory, insulting and threatening statements/attacks and announcements. Furthermore, we prefer using the time that all volunteers are putting in for work on the project itself, rather than wasting it on the phone for no specific purpose. See above.
We will gladly call back for important inquiries in regards to the association. Please use the contact form, which you will find below.